End User License Agreement
By installing and using the Retail Fonts provided by Monoco Type, means you agree to be bound by the agreement on any Retail Fonts downloaded on Monoco Type website with the following terms and conditions . If you DO NOT agree to this agreement’s terms, do not download, install, and/or use our fonts.
1. Installation & Location
- Authorized users are permitted to install and use Monoco Type Fonts (hereafter “Fonts”) on up to as many as their purchased license permits. The total number of users may not exceed the users permitted under your License.
- If you need to install Fonts on more than the users permitted under this license, or if more users need to use Fonts, you are required to upgrade to a multiple user license. Fonts may not be sub-licensed, sold, leased, rented, or given away (transfer of license) to another person or business.
- You further agree to exercise reasonable care to avoid unauthorized distribution of Fonts.
Fonts are the exclusive property of Monoco Type Foundry, and your payment has only licensed you to the use of Fonts. No permanent rights or ownership rights are granted as a part of this License.
3. Protective Use
- Except as may be otherwise expressly permitted by a separate written agreement, you may not modify, reverse engineer, alter or otherwise copy the drawings within Fonts.
- All documents, applications, or devices that include Fonts should be distributed in a secure format that permits only the viewing and printing but not the editing of the text, nor the accessing of Fonts.
- Any breach of this agreement is cause for termination. In the event of termination, all Fonts must be immediately and permanently deleted and subject to a fine of 5 times the license price.
- By downloading and installing Fonts you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of this license agreement.
- The usage of Fonts is limited to the license purchased. The total number of users may not exceed the users permitted under your License. Likewise, the monthly pageviews or viewers per episode for broadcast, exhibition, or film usage may not exceed the pageview count permitted under your license.
5. Granted License
Licensee may use the Trial Font to testing and evaluation only and/or personal projects posted on digital platforms such as social media(s). Creating graphical images, products, printouts, and paper documents for further usages, such as commercial purposes, is prohibited. Please process on purchasing the Retail License for further ado.
Desktop: For use on a desktop workstation
A basic desktop license allows you to install and use fonts on a computer in design apps like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, or office programs like Microsoft Word, or Excel. Licenses are perpetual, and you choose the number of workstations you’d like the license to cover.
Web: For your website or web application
ePub: For embedding in eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspaper
ePub licensing allows the embedding of fonts in electronic publications, like eBooks, digital magazines and journals. Yet if the font is not embedded but used to create a static image, like the cover of an e-book, you will need a separate Desktop font license. Each Electronic Publishing license is valid for the full operating life of one single title only. This also covers format variations, and updated versions of publications that are issued free to already existing readers. However every new issue of an e-periodical is considered a separate, new publication, as are newly issued versions of existing publications.
App: For embedding in apps
App licensing covers embedding fonts in software applications. App licenses may be restricted to a specified number of applications or a specific number of application installations.
Enterprise: All in one special license for one brand
The Enterprise license covers unlimited users/individuals and has no restrictions on the use of Desktop, Web, Epub, & Application licenses for 1 brand.